Included in General Admission | Current science gets up close and personal at Meet a Scientist. This program, held on the second Saturday of each month, features local scientists who share their research and knowledge with you through hands-on activities and conversation. Meet a Scientist exclusively features professionals who are OMSI Science Communication Fellows.
In this month's Meet a Scientist, there will be two sessions - the first will run from 9:30am-12pm and the second will run from 1-4pm.
Morning Session 9:30am-12pm
- Try and build the strongest shell with Annaliese
- Help James complete the beetle family tree
- Try out different light tools used to detect disease with Nick
- Learn about how statistics helps inform all of science with Heather
- Explore the amazing world of molecular motors with Allison
- Discover how plants react to diseases with Elizabeth
Afternoon Session 1-4pm
- Discover how we remove dangerous compounds from water with Mary
- Citizen Science helps scientists investigate and discover. Learn more about how citizen science is used to track coyotes with Zuriel
- Join Whit to explore geospatial technology
- Explore dirt and its unseen history with Liz
- Join Phil to discover the differences and similarities between dogs and their relatives