Included in General Admission | Current science gets up close and personal at Meet a Scientist. This program, held on the second Saturday of each month, features local scientists who share their research and knowledge with you through hands-on activities and conversation. Meet a Scientist exclusively features professionals who are OMSI Science Communication Fellows.
- Join Natalie on an adventure to save the amphibians.
- Explore how and where ash falls in volcanic eruptions with Steve.
- Meet with David to learn how precision medicine can help cancer patients.
- Explore evidence of major changes in the past with Jeremy's Underwater Time Machine.
- Get up close to fruit flies as you learn from Sean how they're used to study human disease.
- Meet Dylan from OSU who will show you how molecules come together to create crystals.
- Come explore with Brian how clams develop ways of protecting themselves.
- Learn what snow can tell us about pollution in the air with Christopher.