A Hands-On Exhibit
Designed and produced by the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
OMSI's TRAVELING EXHIBITS:
- Appeal to all ages
- Are easy to promote
- Offer opportunities for supplemental programs
- Have set new attendance records
- Have received national media attention
- $130,000 / 3 month venue plus shipping
- 5,000 square feet
- Minimum doorway/hallway/elevator dimensions of 6'W x 7'H x 12'L
- Minimum ceiling height of 9'
- 100 lb./ sq. ft. floor load; access to a hose for Water Tanks
- 110 VAC 20 amp power; clean, dry, compressed air at 15 CFM @ 85 PSI minimum
- Approximately 25 hands-on participatory exhibits including videos
- Thematic areas:
- Water Area
- Structures Area
- Wind Area
Three components found only in the traveling version:
Can you build a 6-foot tall structure that will withstand a one minute simulated earthquake?
Can you design the fastest boat for calm water?
Walk-in Wind Tunnel
Ever wonder what it would feel like to have wings?
- 57 crates plus blanket wrapped items
- Shipped in (4) 48 ft. trailers
- Instruction Manual
- Marketing Kit
- Teacher's Guide
- Floor Staff Training Guide
- Beginning February 2000
- Contact OMSI's Traveling Exhibits Service at (503) 797-4659 for more information